Situated on the eastern bank of the Delaware River, Gloucester County is strategically located directly across from the Greater Philadelphia International Airport and is just 15 minutes from downtown Philadelphia via the Walt Whitman Bridge.
The county also straddles the I-95 Industrial Corridor, which runs between Trenton, the capital of New Jersey, and Wilmington, Delaware, the state’s largest city.
- Date of Incorporation: 1686
- Form of Government: Board of Chosen Freeholders (7)
- Number of Municipalities: 24
- Total Population: 288,288
- Municipality with largest population: Washington Township 48,559
- Municipality with smallest population: Newfield 1,553 – decrease of 4%
- City of Woodbury: 10,174 – decrease of 1%
- Municipality with Largest Population Growth since 2000: Woolwich Twp. +236% Total Population of 10,200