Gloucester County Clerk’s Business Policies and Procedures for the Electronic Submission of Land Title Documents for Recordation
The following documents can be submitted electronically to the Gloucester County Clerk’s Office:
Assignments of Mortgages
Assignments of Rents and Leases
Assumptions of Mortgages
Deeds (excluding any deed containing the following Gross Income Tax Forms: GIT REP-1, GIT REP-2, and GIT REP-4)
Discharges of Lis Pendens
Discharges of Mortgages
Inheritance Tax Waivers
Mortgage Subordination Agreements
Notices of Settlements
Postponements of Mortgages
Powers of Attorneys
Redemptions of Tax Sale Certificates
Releases of Mortgages
Terminations of Leases
*Rerecorded documents cannot be submitted electronically to the Gloucester County Clerk’s Office.
The technical specification for submission are:
1. Electronic documents and electronic document packages shall be submitted in a manner consistent with the business requirements, technology, and technical standards for the submission of electronic documents adopted by the Property Records Industry Association. Information on PRIA and the specific requirements and standards are found on the PRIA website at: http://www.pria.us/.
2. The following standards for document formatting and document data fields promulgated by PRIA are incorporated herein by reference, as amended and supplemented, and available via the PRIA Resource Library at http://www.pria.us/:
i. PRIA Request Version 2.4.2;
ii. PRIA Response Version 2.4.2;
iii. Document Version 2.4.1;
iv. Notary Version 2.4.1;
v. eRecording XML Implementation Guide for Version 2.4.1, Revision 2;
vi. URPERA Enactment and eRecording Standards Implementation Guide, January 2006;
vii. PRIA "Electronic Recording Security Considerations," adopted by the PRIA Board on July 6, 2009;
viii. PRIA "Models of eRecording: A Continuum of Electronic Recording Updated," adopted by the PRIA Board on July 14, 2009; and
ix. PRIA "Position Paper: e-Document Index Data," adopted by the PRIA Board on March 28, 2012.
Security standards are as follows:
1. The county recorder implements procedures and requirements in order to ensure the security of the electronic submission process, including the authenticity and integrity of the electronic documents, the maintenance of the public record, and the use of a portal, if chosen as the means for electronic document delivery. Such procedures and requirements are consistent with N.J.S.A. 46:26A-1 et seq., and 46:26C-1 et seq., and this chapter.
2. All electronic documents must be secured in such a way that both the transmitting and receiving parties are assured of each other's identity and that no unauthorized party can view or alter the electronic document during transmission, processing, and delivery. The security measures identified in Chapter 6 of the PRIA eRecording XML Implementation Guide, as appropriate to the recording procedures used by the county recorder satisfies this requirement.
3. The electronic submission system, the land records management system, and a third-party servicer, if chosen as the medium for electronic document delivery, shall not permit any unauthorized party to modify or alter, access, manipulate, insert, or delete information, without detection, in the submitted electronic document or electronic document package received by the county recorder. This requirement shall not prevent a county recorder from, with approval of a submitter, making index and marginal notations to a recorded document in the public record in order to facilitate its recordation.
4. Electronic signatures: County recorders are only required to accept electronic signatures that are consistent with this subchapter and are supported by the technology in use by the county recorder. County [page=2179] recorders have no responsibility to authenticate electronic signatures embedded within the body of a document.
Registration and Guidance:
Stakeholders interested in submitting electronic documents to the Gloucester County Clerk’s Office can register at the following website: https://www.erxchange.com/UI/Help.aspx. Guidance and help regarding e-recording and submission can be obtained at this site also, or customers can call 214-717-5141.
Submitters must index the following data fields:
Type of document; date of document; names of the parties to the document and any other names by which the document is to be indexed including surnames and given names of all individual parties as well as any corresponding corporate entity(s);
For deeds only, lot and block number or other real property tax designation or a statement that the information is not available; the consideration on the deed including any exemptions; the mailing address of the grantee;
For assignments, releases, or satisfactions of mortgages or agreements respecting mortgages, the book and page number of the original mortgage recording.
Hours of Operations and Processing Schedules:
The Gloucester County Clerk’s Office processes electronic recordings between the business hours of 8:30 am and 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday thru Friday excluding county holidays and weekends.
Information regarding payment options for the electronic submission of documents can be obtained at the following website: https://www.erxchange.com/UI/Help.aspx or via the following telephone number: 214-717-5141.
Amendments and Changes to Business Policies and Procedures:
Any amendments or alterations to Gloucester County Clerk’s Policies and Procedures for the Electronic Submission of Land Title Documents for Recordation will be published with a minimum advance notice of 30 days prior to taking effect.