Voter Registration General Information
WHO MAY REGISTER TO VOTE IN GLOUCESTER COUNTY?
1. You are a citizen of the United States
2. You are a Gloucester County resident 30 days before the election
3. You are a resident of the election district in which you expect to vote at the time of registration
4. You will be 18 years of age on or before the next election
5. You are not incarcerated, on parole, or on probation due to a conviction for an indictable offense under any federal or state laws.
HOW DO I REGISTER TO VOTE IN GLOUCESTER COUNTY?
You may register to vote by completing a registration application form at the Gloucester County Superintendent of Elections' office or by mail. Forms are also available at any Municipal Clerk's office, through the League of Women Voters, or other public agencies. For further information, please call the Superintendent of Elections Office at (856) 384-4500 between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM.
WHEN MAY I REGISTER TO VOTE?
Anytime, however, in order to vote in any election, your registration must be received 21 days prior to the election in which you wish to vote.
NEW VOTERS IN GLOUCESTER COUNTY
Under the federally mandated Help America Vote Act (HAVA), You will be required to provide either the last four digits of your Social Security Number or your complete Driver’s License Number on the registration application.
HOW LONG IS MY REGISTRATION VALID?
Your registration will be valid indefinitely, if you have not moved from Gloucester County or have not been disenfranchised.
MUST I DECLARE A PARTY AFFILIATION WHEN I REGISTER?
No, but you may fill out a Party Declaration form at that time, if you so choose.
IF I MOVE, HOW DO I CHANGE MY ADDRESS?
1. If you MOVE WITHIN GLOUCESTER COUNTY more than 21 days before an election, you must file a written change of address with the Superintendent of Elections' Office.
2. If you MOVE WITHIN GLOUCESTER COUNTY less than 21 days before an election, you will vote in your new municipality, ward or district by Provisional Ballot. For your new polling location, you may call the Superintendent of Elections' Office at (856) 384-4500.
3. MOVING FROM/TO ANOTHER COUNTY: If you move to another county more than 30 days before an election, you must re-register and vote in the new county. If you move to another county less than 30 days before an election, you may vote at your previous polling place in Gloucester County for only that election. You must then register in the county you reside.
WHAT IF I MARRY OR CHANGE MY NAME?
If you legally change your name, you may vote in the next election by signing your new name in the poll book. Then you must complete a Change of Name Notice. (Title 19:31-13)
WHEN ARE ELECTIONS HELD IN GLOUCESTER COUNTY?
1. Primary Elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in June.
2. General Elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
3. Polls for the Primary and General Elections are open from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
WHERE DO I VOTE?
Voting locations are listed on the face of your Sample Ballot.
WHEN ARE SCHOOL ELECTIONS HELD?
School elections are held on the third Tuesday in April. They are non-partisan elections to elect members of the Boards of Education and to vote on the proposed school budgets. You must be a registered voter to vote in school board elections. The law states that polling hours may vary in each school district, but they must be open between the hours of 5:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Check your Sample Ballot for the polling location and time.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For more information, contact:
Commissioner of Registration
P.O. Box 352
Woodbury , NJ 08096
Phone: (856) 384-4500
Fax: (856) 251-1647