Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How can I volunteer to serve on the HSAC?
To be considered for a place on the HSAC or any of its subcommittees please go to our volunteers section located to the left.

What does the HSAC actually do?

An example of a body of work performed by HSAC is a 2010 Needs Assessment requested by the NJ Department of Children and Families.
2010 Gloucester County Needs Assessment for DCF


How can I get help for my child with behavioral issues?
You can access help from Division of Child Behavioral Health Services and it’s System of Care for Children by calling 1-877-652-7624.

Where do I call for homeless help?
Gloucester County residents can contact the Division of Social Services.
The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For your convenience, the office is open from 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month.
For after-hours emergency situations, please call FirstCall for Help Hotline: 1-800-648-0132 or dial 211

Does the county provide social services grant opportunities for local not-for-profits?
Yes. The county sub-contracts with many agencies classified by the Internal Revenue Services as 501 © 3 or not for profit agencies. These agencies then provide services to our residents. Services can includes Children’s Day Care Services, Homelessness Assistance, Addiction and addiction prevention, Juvenile Justice Assistance, etc. Residents can then go directly to these sub-contracted agencies and apply for help.

Does the county maintain a list of agencies that it sends grant notifications to?
No.  It is the agencies responsibility to routinely visit the Purchasing Departments website for information on available grants.

How does my agency become informed of possible grant opportunities?
The county places a notification of funding availability on the Purchasing Departments website. Any agency wishing to apply for funding must contact the Purchasing Department and request an application bid package.

Do you charge a fare?
No, fares are not currently charged for transportation provided by DTS.

Does the service travel to out of county locations?
Yes, limited service is provided to neighboring counties and Philadelphia. Please call the scheduling line at 856-686-8350 for specific details.

Is weekend service provided?
Currently no service is offered on weekends, however, future employment transportation grants may allow for limited service to job opportunities on weekends.