Division of Youth Services
The Division of Youth Services
The Youth Services Commission (YSC) serves as the primary advisory body to the Gloucester County Board of Chosen Freeholders regarding issues related to youth at risk or involved in Family Court. The YSC meets the third Wednesday bimonthly at 3:00 pm at the Gloucester County Offices, 115 Budd Blvd., West Deptford (adjacent to Southwood Shopping Plaza). Responsible for planning, funding, and monitoring of services for youth involved or at risk of involvement in the juvenile justice system in five key domains including:
- Prevention - Services funded included after school programs for youth in Woodbury, Paulsboro and Glassboro, and the SURE Student Summit.
- Diversion - Services funded include a station-house adjustment program for youth who have minor offenses and the Family Crisis Intervention Unit. Also funded is a specialized counseling service for youth who have been sexually abused and are at-risk for involvement in Family Court.
- Detention - Juvenile Detention is provided by Camden County under a shared services agreement. Youth are reviewed monthly for case planning recommendations and service requests by the Juvenile Expediting Team.
- Disposition - funded services for juvenile probationers include specialized counseling for juvenile sex offenders, substance abuse treatment, cognitive behavioral skills training, life coaching, and employment and education advocacy services.
- Re Entry - Youth coming back into the county from secure care need targeted, personalized services, accessible through the previously listed programs and the Juvenile Expediting Team client-specific funding.
Comprehensive Gloucester County Plan 2015-2017