- July 2014 – May 2015: Previous plans, existing conditions, and County strengths and weaknesses were reviewed.
- July 2014 – December 2014: Community Visioning materials were prepared, including the gc2040 online survey.
- October 2014 – April 2015: Stakeholders meetings were held.
- January 2015 – April 2015: The gc2040 Community Vision survey was advertised throughout the County and conducted online.
- May 2015 – July 2015: gc2040 People, Place, Prosperity: Community Vision for Gloucester County was prepared based on public input received.
- Now – June 2016: The Unified Land Use and Transportation Element will be written based on the Community Vision to update to the County Master Plan.