Staff is involved in improving efficiency of the region’s transportation network by administering a comprehensive local transit-planning program to maintain current local and regional transportation activities and to provide the means to develop future transportation plans that meet changing local and regional transportation needs. Funding is available through United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grants.
Our Activities Include
- Monitoring NJ Transit service within the County. Performing detailed analysis and submitting recommendations to NJ Transit.
- Assisting NJDOT, NJ Transit and DVRPC in the investigation of potential transportation improvements.
- Assisting the business community in identifying their transportation needs and providing information as to their transportation alternatives.
- Regional marketing and advertising activities.
- Providing technical assistance and program coordination with regional, state, and local agencies.
- Participating in transportation planning meetings, conferences, and public hearings.
- Serving on steering committees, and the Local Citizens' Advisory Committee.
- Conducting research and preparing reports on transportation matters.
- Responding to public information requests.
- Acting as a resource center providing linkage for transportation agencies and policies.