SUPERIOR COURT, CHANCERY DIVISION, PROBATE PART
Any matters heard in the above court are filed with the Surrogate's Office. The matters range from filing proceedings to have a guardian appointed for an incapacitated person, an action to compel an Executor or Administrator to an accounting and a request for the removal of an Executor or Administrator.
Helpful Information for Filing Applications in NJ Superior Court:
- The Surrogate Court is a Court of limited jurisdiction. Should a dispute arise, the Surrogate may not act. The parties must seek resolution of the dispute in New Jersey Superior Court.
- Probate litigation is heard by the Superior Court of New Jersey Chancery Division, Probate Part, The Honorable Robert P. Becker, Jr. P.J.Ch.
- All actions are commenced by filing a verified complaint and order to show cause pursuant to R. 4:83 and R. 4:67 of the Rules Governing the Courts of the State of New Jersey.
Probate matters are usually commencing at 9:00 a.m. It is best to send your papers to our office and we will advise you of the hearing date. However, you may call our office and ask what our probate dates are, especially when filing a Notice of Motion.
Important Information and Phone Numbers
Honorable Robert P. Becker, Jr. P.J.Ch.
19 N. Broad St.
Woodbury, NJ 08096
Giuseppe Chila, Surrogate
17 N. Broad St.
Woodbury, NJ 08096
- Judge's Chambers: (856) 878-5050 x 15285
- Judge's Secretary Fax: (856) 379-2491
- Deputy Surrogate: (856) 853-3284
- Deputy Surrogate Fax: (856) 853-3311
- Judge's Law Clerk: (856) 878-5050 x 15286
- For Transcript Requests please contact: (856) 853-3205
- Gloucester County Bar Association please contact: (856)-848-4071
- Lawyer Referral please contact: (856)-848-4589
- Complaint and Order to Show Cause $175.00
- Answer $110.00
- Notice of Motion $15.00
- Guardianship for Alleged Incapacitated Person $200.00
July 15 - Probate
July 16 - Guardianship
July 29 - Probate
July 30 - Guardianship
August 12 - Probate
August 13 - Guardianship
August 26 - Probate
August 27 - Guardianship
September 23 - Probate
September 24 - Guardianship
October 7 - Probate
October 8 - Guardianship
October 21 - Probate
October 22 - Guardianship
November 4 - Probate
November 5 - Guardianship
November 18 - Probate
November 19 - Guardianship
December 9 - Probate
December 10 - Guardianship
December 23 - Probate
Any questions you may have regarding Superior Court, Probate matters may be directed to the Deputy Surrogate at 856-853-3284.