SUPERIOR COURT, CHANCERY DIVISION, PROBATE PART
Any matters heard in the above court are filed with the Surrogate's Office. The matters range from filing proceedings to have a guardian appointed for an incapacitated person, an action to compel an Executor or Administrator to an accounting and a request for the removal of an Executor or Administrator.
Helpful Information for Filing Applications in NJ Superior Court:
- The Surrogate Court is a Court of limited jurisdiction. Should a dispute arise, the Surrogate may not act. The parties must seek resolution of the dispute in New Jersey Superior Court.
- Probate litigation is heard by the Superior Court of New Jersey Chancery Division, Probate Part, The Honorable Robert P. Becker, Jr. P.J.Ch.
- All actions are commenced by filing a verified complaint and order to show cause pursuant to R. 4:83 and R. 4:67 of the Rules Governing the Courts of the State of New Jersey.
Important Information and Phone Numbers
|Honorable Robert P. Becker, Jr. P.J.Ch.
19 N. Broad St.
Woodbury, NJ 08096
| Giuseppe Chila, Surrogate
17 N. Broad St.
Woodbury, NJ 08096
- Judge's Chambers: (856) 878-5050 x 15402
- Judge's Secretary Fax: (856) 379-2491
- Deputy Surrogate: (856) 853-3284
- Deputy Surrogate Fax: (856) 853-3311
- Judge's Law Clerk: (856) 878-5050 x 15403
- For Transcript Requests please contact: (856) 878-5050 Ext. 15179
- Gloucester County Bar Association please contact: (856)-848-4071
- Lawyer Referral please contact: (856)-848-4589
- Complaint and Order to Show Cause $175.00
- Answer $110.00
- Notice of Motion $15.00
- Guardianship for Alleged Incapacitated Person $200.00
August 12 - Probate
August 13 - Guardianship
August 26 - Probate
August 27 - Guardianship
September 23 - Probate
September 24 - Guardianship
October 7 - Probate
October 8 - Guardianship
October 21 - Probate
October 22 - Guardianship
November 4 - Probate
November 5 - Guardianship
November 18 - Probate
November 19 - Guardianship
December 9 - Probate
December 10 - Guardianship
December 23 - Probate