Emergency Rental Assistance
THE APPLICATION PORTAL WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON – PLEASE CHECK BACK.
For any questions or assistance with completing your application, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gloucester County has received funds from the U.S. Department of Treasury to provide rental relief to landlords and tenants through the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program (CVERAP). The County will launch this program to provide financial assistance toward unpaid rent and/or utility bills for low- and moderate-income renter households in Gloucester County that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The application period will be opening in May 2021 to provide rental and utility arrears and temporary rental assistance to Gloucester County households that have had a substantial reduction in income, have qualified for unemployment benefits, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due, directly, or indirectly, to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A computerized selection (lottery) process will be used to determine the order in which applications will be selected for eligibility determination. Every application submitted during the open application period has the same chance of being selected during the lottery.
Selected households must meet the following eligibility criteria to qualify for assistance:
- Qualify for unemployment or have experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to theCOVID-19 pandemic;
- Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability;
- Have a household income at or below 80 percent of the area median income (please see income limits below);
- Have a lack of assets and savings to pay rent arrears or current and future rent;
- Be a Gloucester County resident; and,
- Obligated to pay rent on a residential dwelling.
The program will only pay for rent arrears incurred after March 16, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for grants from the CVERAP may be submitted by a member of an eligible household or by a landlord on behalf of that eligible household.
- Click here to Register as a user on the online application portal (link will be available on Opening Date)
- Register by entering a valid email address and enter your name and create a password
- Your email and password will be your credentials for future login
- Select the Application : Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Select whether you are the Landlord or the Tenant
- Once you begin your application, you will be assigned a Case ID# and will be able to save your application and go back in to complete if you need time to collect your documents to upload. **Please note that once you submit your application, you cannot re-open for edits.
- DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION– DUPLICATES WILL BE ELIMINATED DURING THE LOTTERY PROCESS.
- Once the application submission is closed, you will be able to check the status of your application by logging in.
- For questions or assistance with completing your application, please email: email@example.com
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION:
Names, birthdates, income information for all individuals living in the household, as well as:
- Landlord information; and,
- Current and previous housing assistance received, if any; and,
- Proof of ALL income in the house (Paystubs, Unemployment benefits, Bank statements showing direct deposits, SSI or SSDI statements); and
- Evidence of financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Loss of income due to reduction in hours (paystubs)
- Unemployment (Claim or award letter);
- Evidence of being high risk for experiencing homelessness or housing instability;
- Lease agreement or rental agreement signed by your landlord ; and
- Proof of arrearages (Letter of delinquency or rental ledger which details the month and amounts behind on rent); and,
- An email address is also required.
Rental assistance provided to an eligible household should not be duplicative of any other federally funded rental assistance provided to such household.
Household income is determined as either the household’s total income for calendar year 2020 or the household’s monthly income at the time of application. For household incomes determined using the latter method, income eligibility must be redetermined every three (3) months.