- Economic Development
- Shop Local 2022
Shop Local 2022
Take the Pledge to Shop Local
By shopping local I will help to:
- Promote local job growth and feed the local economy - Local businesses provide jobs for Gloucester County residents. Local employment opportunities create shorter commutes to work, keep dollars earned in the community, reduce strain on social services and enhance the quality of life.
- Preserve the quality of life and character of my community - Local businesses are more vested in my community and support local schools, charities and events. They add value to the character of my community and increase the quality of life for our residents.
- Save time, money and the planet - By shopping local, I will travel less and save more on time, fuel and wear and tear on my vehicle and the local infrastructure. Shopping local helps reduce my carbon footprint!
- Retain or increase my property value - Thriving communities have thriving businesses that help the vitality of the community. Growing communities with vibrant shopping help retain or increase commercial and residential property values.
- Preserve the uniqueness of my community - By pledging to spend my money in local shops and on local dining and services, I can help to revitalize our downtowns and shopping districts. Keeping it local will help to retain the quality, uniqueness and character of Gloucester County and my hometown.
Register here for Shop Local this holiday season.
On October 24, 2022, Commission Director Frank DiMarco and Commission Deputy Director Heather Simmons kicked off the County’s 11th ‘Shop, Dine, Go Local’ 2022 Campaign at Okinawa Kenpo Karate Academy in West Deptford, NJ.