GCPO is currently seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Prosecutor. Please click here for more information.
GCPO is currently seeking applicants for the position of County Detective. Please click here for more information.
GCPO is also currently seeking applicants for the position of Clerk 1. Please click here for more information.
The Investigative Division is composed of Criminal Investigation Unit staffed with Detectives who are charged with investigating specific types of crimes. The Detectives work closely with Assistant Prosecutors who are tasked with prosecuting the criminals in Gloucester County Superior Court. The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office serves all municipalities of Gloucester County.
Applicants interested in a position with our Investigative staff are encouraged to submit their resume to the Chief of Detectives at the following address:
Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office
P.O. Box 623
Woodbury, NJ 08096
Assignments & Opportunities
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office offers excellent opportunities for diverse assignments and advancement. We offer assignments in:
- Arson Investigations
- Crime Scene Investigations
- Fugitive Investigations
- High Tech Crimes
- Insurance Fraud
- Intelligence Unit
- Narcotics Investigations
- Special Investigations
- Competitive Salary
- Contemporary Work Schedule
- Excellent Health Benefits
- Great Work Environment
Duties & Responsibilities
- Crime prevention
- Crime suppression
- Criminal investigation
- Enforcement of state, County and local laws
- Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license
- Possess (at least) one of the following:
- A four year degree from a college or university, accredited by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education
- A two year degree with law enforcement experience
- Prior military experience in lieu of a college degree
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and a maximum age established by law or regulation
- Must be sound in body and of good health
- Must be of good moral character and have not been convicted of any criminal offense or offense that reflects negatively on your moral character
- Prior law enforcement experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
The County of Gloucester is an equal opportunity employer.
It is the policy of the County of Gloucester to ensure equitable and fair treatment of applicants and employees in selection and promotion without regard to race, color, gender, creed, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, religious beliefs, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, military status, or physical or mental disability that with reasonable accommodation does not significantly interfere with the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.