View Inspection Reports to review the status of any Gloucester County Retail Food Establishment. Registered Environmental Health Specialists have been trained and are "Standardized" by the New Jersey Department of Health to conduct unannounced food inspections at over 1,300 establishments annually.
Inspectors monitor the listed establishments for compliance in food handling, food temperatures, and personal hygiene using Chapter 24 (N.J.A.C 8:24) (PDF) - "Sanitation in Retail Food Establishments and Food and Beverage Vending Machines". Additional information provided by the New Jersey Department of Health.
Food establishments are rated:
- "Satisfactory": The establishment is found to be operating in substantial compliance with the requirements and food service personnel have demonstrated that they are aware of and are practicing sanitation and food safety principles as outlined in Chapter 24.
- "Conditionally Satisfactory": At the time of the inspection, the establishment was not found to be operating in substantial compliance with requirements and in violation of one or more provisions of this chapter. Due to the nature of these violations, a re-inspection will occur.
- "Unsatisfactory": Whenever a retail food establishment is found to be non-compliant with this chapter, with one or more violations that constitute gross unsanitary or unsafe conditions posing an imminent health hazard, the health authority shall issue an unsatisfactory evaluation. The health authority shall immediately request the person in charge to voluntarily cease operation until it is shown on re-inspection that conditions that warrant an unsatisfactory evaluation no longer exist. The health authority shall institute necessary measures provided by law to assure that the establishment does not prepare or serve food until the establishment is reevaluated. These measures may include embargo and/or condemnation. Additionally, a reopening inspection will occur.
Re-inspections are conducted at unannounced times.
- For additional information, please call 856-218-4170
- New Jersey Health, Food and Drug Safety