Gloucester County is committed to serving our residents and providing them with the best services we have to offer.
As Director of the Gloucester County Board of Commissioners, I have the privilege to oversee all departments that serve the residents of Gloucester County.
In 2021, we’re continuing these services, events and more and want to educate you on how you can get the most out of living in Gloucester County.
It is the mission and the responsibility of the Gloucester County Division of Social Services to provide an opportunity for self-sufficiency to individuals and families through economic and social service programs designed for this purpose.
The Division and its employees are committed to offering these services in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect without regard to race, creed, disability, sex or national origin. We are also dedicated to provide timely, efficient, cost-effective delivery of social, medical and economic programs in a compassionate and financially responsible manner.
Services provided through the Division of Social Services Include:
- WFNJ/TANF (Temporary Assistance to needy Families)
- Financial assistance to adults with dependent children in the household.
- Child Support Services (CSP)
- Cooperating with CSP is a requirement when applying for Work First New Jersey.
- General Assistance (GA)
- Financial assistance to adults without dependent children in the household.
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Food Stamp program, to purchase food only.
- Medicaid – ACA/Family Care Medicaid
- Available to single adults and families. We also offer assistance with Pregnancy Medicaid for pregnant women.
- Medicaid – ABD (Aged, Blind & Disabled)
- Medicaid available to disabled adults living in the community and in a nursing home or residential health care facility.
- Emergency Assistance (EA)
- Individuals or families, receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), General Assistance (GA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), in need of housing food, utility assistance.
- HA (Homelessness Prevention Grant)
- A one-time payment of assistance for rent arrears, security deposit, utility arrears, oil with a documented emergency and proof of affordability moving forward.
- Social Services for the Homeless (SSH)
- A DFD funded program, for individuals and families not receiving TANF, GA and SSI, in need of housing assistance.
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Investigation of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of vulnerable adults living in the community and the linkage to services that can allow them to continue to live in a safe environment within the community.
- Early Periodic Screening Diagnostic Treatment (EPSDT)
- Directing children from birth to 21 years of age, not currently receiving adequate care to ongoing medical care through preventive medicine.
- Family Planning Services
- Counseling and referral services regarding birth control, pregnancy, prenatal care, etc.
Although the Gloucester County Division of Social Services is temporarily closed to the public until further notice, agency business is still being conducted.
You do not need to come into the office to apply, renew or provide documentation for benefits. We value our resident’s and employee’s safety and have a dropbox outside of our offices where you can drop off or pick up applications. We will walk through applications with anyone seeking assistance via phone.
Residents can contact the Division of Social Services directly at 856-582-9200 or visit our website at https://www.gloucestercountynj.gov/510/Social-Services.
We take care of each resident who is seeking assistance and provide them with the best options for them and their families. We hope if you are in need, you will not hesitate to reach out to our offices.
Robert M. Damminger
Gloucester County Board of Commissioners