With the COVID-19 pandemic slowly subsiding and businesses beginning to open, our service providers have offered an update on options available for those seeking relief from the heat.
Hours of operation vary by site. Please reach out to the site prior to your arrival.
The following sites are available to homeless or unsheltered individuals:
- Volunteers of America Shelters
- Shelter capacity will continue to increase, however, masks and social distancing are required
- Visit their site for locations
- Eleanor Corbett House
- A 52-bed emergency housing program providing shelter and case management services to single women and families residing in Gloucester County.
- Location: 355 Union St., Glassboro, NJ
- Phone: 856-881-5550
- Joseph’s House
- Joseph’s House is open until 1 p.m. every day of the week for homeless/unsheltered men, women and children to get out of the weather.
- Location: 555 Atlantic Ave., Camden, NJ
- Phone: 856-246-1087
- Hannah’s House Inc.
- Hannah’s House provides a safe, nurturing home for women survivors of human trafficking, sexual assault & domestic violence. Women can also escape the weather at their location.
- Location: 101 S. Main St., Glassboro, NJ
- Phone: 856-442-0190
- Mother Child
- Mother Child provides temporary housing in Woodbury, New Jersey for women over the age of 18 who are currently experiencing homelessness and either pregnant or parenting one to three children.
- Location: 151-153 North Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096
- Phone: 856-853-1761
For individuals not experiencing homelessness, the following resources are available:
- Gloucester County Libraries
- Locations include: Glassboro, Greenwich, Logan, Mullica Hill, Swedesboro and Newfield.
- Phone: 856-223-6000
- Deptford Mall
- Location: 1750 Deptford Center Rd, Deptford, NJ
- Phone: 856-848-8100
For heat safety tips please visit our website at www.gloucestercountynj.gov.
If you are experiencing homelessness, please call the Gloucester County Division of Social Services during regular business hours at 856-582-9200. After 4 p.m., please call 2-1-1.