JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - Special Law Enforcement Officer Class-III
The Clayton Police Department is currently accepting resumes for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer-III. S.L.E.O. III is a class of police officer that is utilized only inside of a school setting. Applicants must possess the following qualifications;
1. Must be a retired police officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, full time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, agency of this state, bi-state agency, or federal agency, and must be living in New Jersey. Must have retired in good standing, a letter from your previous agency stating such shall be required.
2. Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of New Jersey.
3. Be able to read and write the English language.
4. Not have been convicted of any violations of laws of the State of New Jersey or the United States, except minor traffic offenses, nor shall have been convicted of any crime of offense involving moral turpitude.
5. Have a valid New Jersey driver's license.
6. Submit to a complete background investigation.
7. Submit to and successfully pass a medical and psychological testing.
8. Submit to and successfully pass drug screening.
9. Must be less than 65 years of age at the time of appointment.
10. Comply with all other state or federal requirements for position.
Police application can be picked up in person at the Clayton Police Department 125 N. Delsea Dr. Clayton NJ 08312 or click on the Hyperlink below;
Police Application and resumes should be dropped off in person to the Borough Clerk Christine Newcomb or her designee.
Applications and Resumes will be accepted from the time of this job posting until 07/01/2022 @ 4PM.
The starting date for this position will be September 2022.
The Borough of Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Borough does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, age, sex, disability, national origin, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.