Requirements for Opening a Small Business

Each municipality has specific zoning requirements for business. For a municipality's requirements, you should contact the zoning board or construction code official in that municipality. You must also have a Mercantile License. These licenses must be renewed annually. Each municipality's licensing requirements vary as to cost and the types of businesses that are to be covered. The Resource Directory lists the 24 municipalities including their addresses and telephone numbers for Gloucester County. Please contact them for specific information.