Public Facilities & Infrastructure
CDBG Public Facilities & Infrastructure
Not less than 70% of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds must be used for activities that benefit low and moderate income persons. In addition, each activity must meet one of the following national objectives for the program:
- Benefit low and moderate income persons
- Prevention or elimination of slums or blight
- Address community development needs having a particular urgency because existing conditions pose a serious and immediate threat to the health or welfare of the community for which other funding is not available
PROGRAM YEAR 2021 FUNDING AVAILABILITY
Gloucester County announces the availability of funds for Program Year 2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Public Facility and Infrastructure projects (PF&I). The funds may be used for projects which principally benefit low- and moderate-income persons and areas. Activities funded must be consistent with the Gloucester County 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan. Funding available is currently estimated at $500,000. Applications are due June 11, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to Register as a user on the Neighborly online portal
- Register by entering a valid email address and enter your name and create a password
- Your email and password will be your credentials for future login
- Select the Application: Public Facilities and Infrastructure
- Once you begin your application, you will be assigned a Case ID# and will be able to save your application and go back in to complete if you need time to collect your documents to upload. **Please note that once you submit your application, you cannot re-open for edits.
- Once the application submission is closed, you will be able to check the status of your application by logging in.
- For questions or assistance with completing your application, please email: email@example.com
- A template of the application that shows the requested information is available by clicking here
Eligible Applicants are Units of Local Government and funds are through a competitive application process on an annual basis.
Eligible private and Non-Profit Organizations may apply through sponsorship by a unit of local government.
If funds remain, Not-for-Profit / For-Profit Entities may apply through separate Notice of Funds Availability and must procure a professional architect/engineer for completion of the application and project and be familiar with federal regulations and requirements.
Projects must be located in one of the 24 participating municipalities of the Gloucester County Consortium and meet one or more of the objectives outlined in the County's current Consolidated Plan.
The Public Facilities and Infrastructure Application Guide provides information and instructions for municipalities, Housing Authorities, and Private Nonprofit Organizations interested in applying for these funds. Updates to the application after the publication date will be posted on this webpage.
Technical assistance is available to applicants to discuss proposed projects and to determine an applicant’s and/or project’s potential eligibility to receive funding, to review application requirements and to discuss regulatory provisions.
Contact Christina Velazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org