Fair Housing & Citizen Participation
NOTICE OF VIRTUAL PUBLIC HEARING and PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
To receive citizens’ comments on the draft 2021 Annual Action Plan for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Programs. The Plan is available to the public for review at the Gloucester County Office of Housing and Community Development, 1480 Tanyard Road, Deptford, NJ 08096 or from the County web site: https://www.gloucestercountynj.gov/580/Fair-Housing-Citizen-Participation.
To solicit feedback from residents and stakeholders on the draft plan, the County will be conducting two public hearings using an online meeting tool. The virtual public hearings will be held on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 2PM and again at 5PM.
Any residents or stakeholders unable to attend the public hearing are encouraged to submit written comments by email to email@example.com. All comments received by August 4, 2021 will be considered.
2pm Public Hearing
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 843 8137 8066
Passcode: 132026 One tap mobile
5pm Public Hearing
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 828 9674 0827
Passcode: 597188 One tap mobile
A final draft of the Annual Action Plan for Federal Fiscal Year 2021, which will be prepared following the Public Hearings, and will be made available for public review and comment for thirty (30) days in order to meet the timing and submission requirements established by HUD. A future notice will announce the public display period and inform the public of additional public hearings.
The County of Gloucester complies with all state and federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services, or activities. In addition, Gloucester County encourages the participation of people with disabilities in its programs and activities and offers special services to all County residents 60 years of age and older. Inquiries regarding compliance may be directed to the Division of Disability Services at (856) 384-6842/New Jersey Relay Service 711 or the EEO office at (856) 384-6903.
Fair Housing - Your Rights & Responsibilities
The Fair Housing Act of 1968, and subsequent amendments, prohibits discrimination in housing based on race or color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. Everyone deserves a fair chance. If you suspect unfair housing practices, contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Fair Housing Hotline by calling 800-669-9777 (or 800-927-9275 for the TDD hotline), or the New Jersey Division of Civil Rights at 856-614-2550
Fair Housing Officer
Anthony Wilcox is the appointed Fair Housing Officer for the County of Gloucester and can be reached at:
Gloucester County Administration Building
2 South Broad Street (2nd Floor)
Woodbury, NJ 08096
- Fair Housing Act Fact Sheet
- HUD Certified Fair Housing Counseling Agencies in New Jersey
- Legal Services of New Jersey publishes a legal handbook for tenants in New Jersey entitled "Tenant's Rights in New Jersey". A hard copy of this handbook (95 pages) can be ordered for $12 by calling 732-572-9100 or downloaded for free in PDF format on the Legal Services website. For more information, contact Legal Services by calling 1-888-576-5529 (1-888-LSNJ-LAW ).
We have provided documents submitted to HUD and made available to the public pursuant to the County’s Citizen Participation Plan:
- 2015 to 2019 Consolidated Plan - 2015 Action Plan Part 1 (PDF)
- 2015 to 2019 Consolidated Plan - 2015 Action Plan Part 2 (PDF)
- 2015 to 2019 Consolidated Plan - 2015 Action Plan Part 3 (PDF)
- 2016 Action Plan (PDF)
- 2017 Action Plan (PDF)
- 2018 Action Plan (PDF)
- 2019 Action Plan (PDF)
- 2020 (Revised) Citizen Participation Plan (Draft) (PDF)
- 2020 to 2024 Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan (Draft) (PDF)
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (PDF)
- Language Assistance Plan (PDF)
- Notice of Public Hearing - Draft Consolidated Plan 2020 to 2024 and Substantial Amendment (PDF)
- Program Year 2015 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) (PDF)
- Program Year 2017 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) (PDF)
- Program Year 2018 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment to Program Year 2019 Plan (Final) (PDF)
- CV-3 Substantial Amendment Summary (PDF)
- GloCo 2019 CAPER Final (pdf)
- PY 2021 Notice of Public Hearing and Substantial Amendment (pdf)