Who Can Be a Poll Worker
- Any Gloucester County registered voter
- You must be able to read and write English.
How to Become a Poll Worker
- Complete and return the Poll Worker Application form (PDF).
- You must attend a training class every 2 years to be certified to work at the polls.
Poll Worker Responsibilities
- Report to work at your assigned polling place at 5:15 am on Election Day.
- Prepare the polling place for voting.
- Verify that voters are registered in the district.
- Demonstrate the voting process to voters upon request.
- Maintain order at the polls.
- Close the polling location at 8 pm or when all voters in line have voted.
Poll Worker Compensation Per Election
- Poll workers earn $300 for the day.
For more information, contact:
Gloucester County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 352
Woodbury, NJ 08096