All veterans must provide Gloucester County Transportation with either a copy of a DD-214 or honorable discharge papers to be eligible for the service. Documentation can be mailed to the Division of Transportation Services at Route 45 and Budd Boulevard Woodbury or faxed to 856-686-8361. Proper documentation must be received prior to transport.
Option Number 1
Shuttle bus service to the Veterans Affairs (VA) Hospital in Philadelphia will be provided Monday through Thursday. There is no shuttle bus service offered on Fridays. Service is provided in coordination with Camden and Cumberland Counties. The shuttle bus arrives at the VA Hospital at 10 am and departs at 1 pm. Eligible veterans are picked up at home and are transported to one of two transfer points to board the shuttle bus.
Option Number 2
The Gloucester County Disabled American Veterans (DAV) organization, Chapter 64, A.N.U. Garrison 52, secured a van to offer veterans expanded afternoon shuttle service to the VA Hospital. This service is provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 pm to 4:30 pm Eligible veterans are picked up at home and are transported to a specified transfer point prior to proceeding to the VA Hospital. In addition, Friday DAV shuttle service operates from 8:30 am to 3 pm to the Clinic located at:
211 County House Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
Transportation to the Va Hospital in Delaware
Transportation to the VA Hospital in Delaware (Elsmere) is offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. All veterans are picked up at their homes and are transported directly to the VA Hospital for 9 am and returned at 2:30 pm. No service is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Additional service to medical appointments non-VA affiliated, is provided to all veterans. Veterans must call a minimum of three working days prior, and no more than one month in advance to schedule a ride.
- Curb to curb service.
- All passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- No smoking/drinking/eating in vehicles.
- Drivers are not permitted to accept tips. Please ask your driver for a donation envelope.
- Be ready early.
- Several veterans may require pick-up on a particular day.
- There may be need for additional travel time to Philadelphia and Delaware.
- Promptly notify dispatcher of any and all cancellations.
- Be cooperative and courteous.
- Dispatcher: Monday through Friday: 7 am to 4:30 pm
- Scheduling Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:30 am to 4 pm
- To schedule a ride, please call 856-686-8350
- To confirm a ride, please call 856-686-8359
- For more information about our service, please call 856-686-8355
Volunteer Drivers Needed
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer driver for the DAV Veterans Transportation Program may contact the Gloucester County Veterans Affairs Office at 856-401-7660.