Special Programs & Other Services

Adult Protective Services

Vulnerable adults living in the community who are being subjected to abuse, neglect or exploitation and cannot fully protect or care for themselves, can be serviced through this program funded through the Older Americans Act. This includes senior citizens as well as young persons with a serious disability. Services could include home care, meals on wheels, health care, legal intervention and case management to enable these vulnerable adults to live in a safe environment within the community.

Call 856-256-2113 between 8 am and 4:30 pm.

For more information, check out at DOAS.

Adult Social Services

Provides services to the elderly, blind or disabled adults in the community. Housing, counseling and various support services are some of the services provided. Residents of Boarding Homes, Residential Health Facilities and Rooming Houses are eligible for these services. The social workers also investigate any complaints received about these facilities and provide outreach services to those residents.

Early Periodic Screening Diagnosis & Treatment Program

Offers free periodic medical and dental examinations and follow-up treatment to Medicaid eligible children under age 21.

Kinship Navigator Program

Kinship caregivers-adults who are raising a relatives child (children) in their own homes my qualify for monthly assistance to help support the children. The Kinship Navigator Program is administered by the NJ Department of Human Services. For more information, see the Department of Children and Families website, or call 877-816-3211.

TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Initiative for Parents (TIP)

The TIP program is for pregnant women and mothers with children under 1 year old. TIP provides classes on a variety of subjects useful to new and expectant mothers The classes are held at various locations to provide information and assist in parenthood and adjusting to new or additional responsibilities.

For more information, visit the Division of Family Development website.

Earned Income Tax Credit

Apply if you worked full or part time or were self employed in 2015 and earned less than $53.267. To get free help in filing your taxes dial 2-1-1 or call 877-652-1148.

For more information: