- Sheriff's Office
- Child Safety Seats
Child Safety Seats
Child Safety Seat Program
The Child Safety Seat Program and Sheriff's Officers are at the County Clerk's Store located in the Deptford Mall every 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month from 10 am to 2 pm. No appointment necessary!
If you have any questions regarding the Sheriff's Child Safety Seat Program, please contact our Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician Coordinator, Captain Kim Reichert at 856-384-4672 or the Sheriff's Office Main Number at 856-384-4600.
- Belt positioning booster seats must be used with both lap and shoulder belt.
- Children under the age of 4 years and weighing less than 40 pounds in rear-facing seats until they outgrow the top height or weight.
- Forward facing harness straps should be at or above shoulder.
- Make sure the lap belt fits low and tight across the lap/upper thigh area and the shoulder belt fits snug crossing the chest and shoulder to avoid abdominal injuries.
- Most seats require top slot for forward-facing.
- Rear-facing harness straps at or below shoulder level.
New Jersey Child Passenger Restraint Law
Always wear a seat belt, no matter your age! All children age 12 and under should ride in the back seat!
- Seat Position - Rear-facing only
- Type of Seat - Infant only or rear-facing convertible equipped with a five-point harness.
- Weight - Birth to 2 years at least 30 pounds.
- Seat Position - Rear-facing
- Type of Seat - Rear facing equipped with a five-point harness, until the child outgrows the top height or top weight recommendations made by the manufacturer, at which point the child shall be secured in a rear seat, in a forward facing equipped with a five-point harness.
- Weight - Under the age of 4 years and weighing less than 40 pounds.
- Seat Position - Forward-facing
- Type of Seat - Forward facing which is equipped with a five-point harness, until the child outgrows the top height or top weight recommendations made by the manufacturer, at which point the child shall be secured in a rear seat, in a booster seat.
- Weight - Under the age of 8 years and less than 57 inches in height.
Child Safety Seat Certified Technicians
- Captain Kim Reichert
- Sergeant Kevin Pluta
- Sergeant Alex Broadbent
- Sheriff's Officer Jill Manson
- Sheriff's Officer Chris Jackson
- Sheriff's Officer Anthony Cossaboon
- Sheriff's Officer Amy Stranahan
- Sheriff's Officer Seth Basile
- Sheriff's Officer Lori Shaw
- Sheriff's Officer Allycia Rohlfing
- Sheriff's Officer Jeff Schaw
- Sheriff's Officer Ed Seibert @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>